The Administrative Assistant occupational endorsement prepares graduates for careers as office professionals.
Administrative professionals are the core of a successful business and are in high demand in today’s workforce. Students will graduate with a working knowledge of computers as well as effective organizational, communication and customer service skills.
The occupational endorsement can be earned in one semester and represents a large portion of the coursework required for the Applied Business Management certificate.
Courses (16 Credits)
- Keyboarding: Touch Typing OR Keyboarding: Document Formatting
- Human Relations
- Business English OR Business Communications
- Office Procedures
Complete six credits from the following:
- Professional Skills for Job Hunt (1-3 credits)
- Practicum in Applied Business (1-3 credit)
- Microcomputer Word Processing (1-3 credits)
- Microcomputer Spreadsheets (1-3 credits)
- Computer Business Applications (1-3 credits)
Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and be at least 16 years old by the semester in which they are admitted. General guidelines for applying to UAF can be found here.
Careers in Which Our Graduates Excel
- Administrative assistants
- Office professionals
|$202/credit||$5/credit Technology Fee||$40 Application Fee|
|$6/credit UA Facilities Fee||$50 Graduation Fee|
|$8/credit Network Charge|
|$25/credit eLearning & Distance Education Fee|
Estimated Cost of Program Based on Current Rates: $3,916
For more about UAF costs, visit our Registration Guide.
Connect With an Advisor