Online Courses for High School StudentsDual credit means students get both high school and college credit from one course.
Many high school students take courses through UAF to get a jump start on their college career and meet their high school requirements. As an accredited institution, we offer general education courses that not only apply toward core requirements at UAF, but are also accepted at other institutions of higher education. These online courses offer great flexibility for the busy student — you can take your courses from anywhere in the world at any time.
Follow the steps below to get started and contact us if we can be of assistance.
- Talk to your parents and your high school counselor about this opportunity.
- Submit the Spring 2018 Registration form.
- Have your parents complete this consent form.
It’s that easy… we’ll take it from here. You can expect to receive the following from us:
- Your University of Alaska ID number
- Help coordinating any placement exams you may need
- Information on next steps (getting your books, paying tuition and fees, getting access to UAF’s online learning system, etc.)
I decided on dual credit at UAF because I like taking challenging courses. The process for signing up was quick and easy due to the wonderful people that work there. The class was challenging in a new sort of way, but the professor was friendly, and it was a great glimpse of what to expect.