The associate program for information technology specialists prepares individuals to implement, support and troubleshoot computer and information technology systems. Graduates of this online applied science associates degree are ready to work as an IT professional in educational, governmental and corporate settings.
This is intended to be a two-year program.
Courses (60 Credits)
- Introduction to Network Support and Administration
- Introduction to Microcomputer Programming OR Introduction to Computer Programming OR Computer Science I
- Server Operating Systems
- Computer and Network Security
- Professional Practice in IT
- Independent Project OR Cooperative Work Experience
Available Concentrations (choose one):
- Computing Technology
- Network and Cybersecurity
- Network and System Administration
Other course requirements can be found here.
Students must also pass a certification review requiring them to demonstrate proficiency in the following skill areas: network support and troubleshooting, system administration, cybersecurity, independent thinking, human relations and support, and professional practices.
|$212/credit||$5/credit Technology Fee||$40 Application Fee|
|$6/credit UA Facilities Fee||$50 Graduation Fee|
|$8/credit Network Charge|
|$25/credit eLearning & Distance Education Fee|
|$25/semester Software & Materials Fee|
Estimated Cost of Program Based on Current Rates: $15,490
For more about UAF costs, visit our Registration Guide.
Careers in Which Graduates Excel
- Desktop Support Technician
- Help Desk Specialist
- Computer Support Specialist
- Network Support Specialist
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Cyber Security Specialist
Get more information
The ITS associate program is well structured and provides courses that are both relevant and very useful for IT professionals. It also gives me the flexibility that I need as a distance education student who works full-time and has a family.Dustin Boeshart