The justice discipline examines theoretical and applied concepts, and the Master of Arts in Administration of Justice reflects that dichotomy. Students explore theoretical models associated with different aspects of the criminal justice system and study the structure and administration of the criminal justice system.
The Master of Arts in Administration of Justice accommodates the needs of professionals who intend to maintain employment, wherever that may be. The program attracts professionals from around the country (or even deployed) who find the flexibility of an online program helpful in completing their degree in a timely manner.
Students will be required to spend one week at the Fairbanks campus at the conclusion of the program for management hypothetical, thesis or project defense, and a comprehensive exam.
Courses (30 Credits)
- Administration and Management of Criminal Justice Organizations
- Justice Program Planning/ Evaluation and Grant Writing
- Personnel Management in Criminal Justice
- Legal Aspect of Criminal Justice Management
- Community/Restorative Justice
- Seminar in Critical Issues and Criminal Justice Policy
- Research/ Project or Thesis (6 credits)
Complete two of the following:
- Ethics in Criminal Justice Management
- Media Relations and Public Relations
- Seminar in the Administration of Juvenile Justice
- Any elective approved by the department
No special admissions requirements. General UAF requirements for a master’s degree can be found here.
Careers in Which Our Graduates Excel
- Police Officers
- State Police
- US Marshal
- Criminal Investigator
- Parole Officers
- Probation Officer
- Crime Analysts
- Non-Sworn Administrators/Analysts
- Non-Sworn Investigator
- Crime-Scene/Forensic Investigator
- Evidence Technician
- Natural Resource Manager
|$466/credit||$5/credit Technology Fee||$75 Application Fee|
|$6/credit UA Facilities Fee||$50 Graduation Fee|
|$19/credit Network Charge|
|$25/credit eLearning & Distance Education Fee|
Estimated Cost of Program Based on Current Rates: $15,755
For more about UAF costs, visit our Registration Guide.
Connect With an Advisor
The course material is current and most was immediately applicable in my day-to-day job functions. If you are looking for a high-quality program that is challenging and extremely relevant for the supervisor or aspiring supervisor in the criminal justice field, I would highly recommend UAF.Mike Washburn